Job Posting-Human Resources Administrator
Community Mediation Services (CMS) is a not-for-profit organization providing programs for individuals, youth and families encountering life’s obstacles. Our professional staff and cadre of volunteers work to unify communities, institutions and stakeholders facing conflicts. Through court diversion, therapeutic interventions, specialized educational programs, school based services and a network of mediation & conflict resolution programs, CMS helps clients develop life skills, strengthen relationships and achieve positive outcomes.
The Human Resources Administrator is responsible for all payroll activity and day to day HR Administration for Community Mediation Services. This includes biweekly payroll, employee recordkeeping, and management of the HRIS and benefits consultation.
HR Administrator Job Responsibilities:
- Manage all personnel processes in the employee life cycle for full time and part time hourly employees
- Manage the complete processing of biweekly payroll on ADP Workforce Now for 65-70 employees
- Maintain accurate personnel records for employees and ensure all appropriate information is updated in the HRIS (ADP Workforce Now)
- Serve as a liaison with the external payroll service and benefit providers
- Recruit, train and supervise receptionist employees
- Reconcile monthly benefits billing
- Manage full cycle of open enrollment for all benefits
- Process employment verifications, background checks and unemployment claims
- Administer disability, FMLA and workers compensation benefits
- Administer commuter program through WageWorks
- Conduct new hire orientations for employees to provide policies and procedures, benefits and payroll processes.
- Conduct exit interviews
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer
- Bachelor’s degree required; PHR certificate a plus
- 5 years of human resources experience required, preferably with an emphasis on payroll
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now or an advanced payroll system a plus
- Mathematical and analytical skills with a commitment to accuracy and detail
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential human resources information and situations
- Strong written, oral, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of HR and ACA laws
Community Mediation Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to a diverse workforce.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401K
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org